Friday, April 16, 2010

my newest knit

I have started a new project, even though I have yet to finish my brother's socks.  (its ok, i'll get back to them when i'm done starting this one)  It is a baby blanket.  I kind of have this rule where I have to knit a baby blanket for people really close to me (except my bff's 3rd baby because i was kind of planning a wedding).

Here's the ravelry link: The next baby blanket

I linked to the actual pattern and everything before but here that is again: New Traditions Baby Blanket

It creates a quilt block style pattern by starting with a knit square and then picking up stitches from the edges and knitting other geometric shapes around them.  It sort of reminds me of entrelac except maybe a bit less cool.  I still need to do an entrelac project someday.

I'm hoping to take pictures as I go to kind of demonstrate the construction process.  I will be putting them up on the ravelry link rather than here, so check it out.

No comments: