Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Clean house?

On Easter, I discovered that my grandma literally lives right next to *the* Thelma Meyer.  That's right.  The one who supposedly wrote this book:  Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home: No-Nonsense Advice that Will Inspire You to CLEAN like the DICKENS and has a huge line of supposedly Eco conscious products. Of course, my grandma only lives next to her when they aren't snow-birding to Arizona...  After a bit of googling, I discovered that one of her daughters is the main influence behind the company, but apparently she wanted to pimp out her mother.  Even though my grandma doesn't appear all too pleased about the 'tales from the neighborhood' she claims are at the end of the book, she bought my mom a copy and got Mrs. Meyer to sign it...  Mom didn't read it, but now I'm thinking I should steal it from her just to see what it says.  The whole thing makes me laugh really hard.

In other news, I'm considering this as the next baby blanket I make... for my brother and sister-in-law from the Other Mother.  (A nice one, not some creepy Coraline style Other Mother)

No comments: