Sunday, July 22, 2007

More herbs

Yesterday I harvested two more bunches of calendula, some of the stevia, and some of the curry plant. I deemed the original calendula dry enough to put away, as well as the thyme, sage, and sweet marjoram that were hanging. The marjoram smelled so much different after it was dried. Almost a tart scent.
One thing I know about curry plant is that you can't stomach it, kind of like large hunks of lemon grass. Despite the fact that it smells like curry, its supposed to add a sage-like flavor to things. The one thing I saw it officially used for was being stuffed under the skin of a whole chicken and then removed before serving, supposedly by British folk. I noticed when I harvested it that the curry smell became more lemony, so I wonder if it does have a hint of lemon in the flavor.

No comments: