Monday, July 16, 2007

Herb Harvest

Today I harvested a big bunch of my herbs. Mostly because the calendula really needed harvesting again and because a lot of them I had trimmed without harvesting previously. From left to right they are: apple mint (because it is flowering and going nuts and I want to see how well it dries), rosemary, French terragon, sweet majoram, golden sage, calendula (pot marigold), flat Italian parsley, English thyme, and Greek oregano.
They are not really in an enclosed shed but they are out of direct sunlight. I may move them in once they are fairly well starting to dry/rain is on the way. We just got rain last night and its already pretty dry out there again.
So far I have discovered that thyme is really hard to harvest and parsley shouldn't be allowed to get leggy.
My hands reek of oregano.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: